Setup and Installation:
- Program: The same as programming a new garage door remote.
- Install: Screw or stick Protectrix to the inside or your garage door.
- Set Delay: Adjust Delay Timer to prefered amount of time before garage door closes.
Protectrix™ Works as Follows:
- Running on a 9V battery, and using an internal tilt sensor, Protectrix™ detects when the garage door is open
- When the garage door is open for too long (variable 1 minute to 4 hours), Protectrix™ sets off a Beep and a flash.
- If the garage door is not closed before the alarm ends (30 seconds), Protectrix™ sends a signal to your garage door
opener to close the garage (the signal sent is the same as the signal sent from your garage door remote control)
- Requires NO wiring, and installs in only 5 minutes.
- Can be easily disabled by turning the DELAY setting to Off.
- DELAY settings from 1 minute to 4 hours.
- Works with all existing sensors in your garage, such as the beam and force sensors built into most
garage door openers.
- Alarm periodically beeps and flashes when battery is low.
Automatic Garage Door Timer Use:
- Protection from burglars
- forgetful family member
- keep out wild animals
- protect pipes from freezing
- garage door randomly opens
- near a Military Base/Airport
- fines from Home Owner Association
- drive home to check garage
- no wiring required to Motor
- delay times 1 minute to 4 hours
Automatic Garage Door Closer Comparison Chart:
|Model||Approximate Install Time||Tools Required||Door Closing Warning||Min Delay Time||Max Delay Time
|Protectrix™||5 minutes||None||Visual and Audible||1 minute||4 hours
|autoCLOSER™||45 minutes||Drill, Pencil, Wrench, Philips Screwdriver, Standard Screwdriver, Ladder, Wire Strippers, Drill Bit||None||2 minutes||20 minutes
|Garage Buttler™||1.3 hours||Two Screwdrivers, Wire Strippers, Scissors, Pencil, Measuring tape, Hammer, Step Ladder||Audible||3 minutes||60 minutes
|GarageOne™||35 minutes||Two Screwdrivers, Wire Strippers, Pencil, Measuring Tape, Drill, Ladder||Audible||2 minutes||20 minutes
Garage Door Requirements™:
- Your garage door must be parallel to the ground when it is open (almost all garage doors do this); Type A, or B, not Type C or D.
- You must have an installed electric garage door opener that works with a remote control.
Protectrix 18M, S+ and (( )) Models Look Alike
|Time until Garage
Alarm Goes off (then door closes):
|Adjustable (1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr)|
||About to close: Audible beep and Flash every second for 30 seconds|
Battery Low: Single Audible Beep and Flash every 60 seconds
||9V/9Volt alkaline battery|
||Typically two years - depends on temperature, humidity, and how often Protectrix closes your garage door|
||2 month refund, 2 year replacement (not including battery)|
|Compatible Garage Doors
||Allstar™/Allister, Chamberlain®, Craftsman®, Genie®, Liftmaster®,Linear®, Marantec®, MasterCraft®, Moore-O-Matic™, Multi-Code™, Overhead®, Pulsar™,Raynor®, Sears®, Seaside®, Sommer®, Stanley®, Rolling Code. Protectrix DOES NOT WORK WITH Wayne Dalton
||85mm (3 1/3") x 120mm (4 3/4") x 32mm (1 1/4")|
||200g (7 oz)|
© 2017 Garage Door Timer
Call 800 773-6295